Templer System Manual¶
This manual covers the templer code generation system. Templer is a general-purpose system for generating code skeletons for any Python project from pre-defined templates. Through an interactive interface, the user provides information which is used to generate a skeleton of files and folders that fits their individual needs.
To get started quickly, see Using Templer.
Templer consists of a number of packages, each of which provides a set of templates. Install the package that you need for the templates you want.
- Install templer.core to build basic Python namespace and nested namespace packages
- Install templer.buildout to build basic buildouts and recipes to extend the zc.buildout system
- Install templer.zope to build basic namespace and nested namespace packages for Zope
- Install templer.plone to build software projects for the Plone Content Management System
- Install templer.plone[localcommands] to get access to local commands for adding features to your Plone software projects
If you are interested in extending the templer system with your own templates, read the developers manual.